Monday, September 3, 2007

a little bit of thought with your training

over the next 365 ays i will be in training for a triathon in which i will have to have both speed and endurance. the fisrt 6 months i will be spending most of my training going long distances. this will be to turn my body into mostly type 1 muscle (slow twitch). the second half of the year will be spent messing around with the speed factor. i will be doing shorter workouts at alot faster tempo. this will help me build type 2a muscle with is fast twitch with some endurance (more mitochondria the fast twitch b). this will not only help me cut time throughout the triathlon but will also help me kick/ push harder at the end of each event. so your thinking im going to be working on this for the next year what can i do to help me improve right now. the answer to this question is probabally many things but the one i am goign to offer is stretching. stretching pulls your musces longer often called the stretch shortening cycle. this will alow your muscles to have more force production. now that we got that covered get off your butt and move....

No comments: